Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Trip to Beautiful BC - August 2008

So far the month of August has been busy, yet wonderful. We left Alberta on the 30th of July and made a 12 hour road trip to Chilliwack. Amazingly the kids were unbelievably cooperative for the whole drive. Katie just loved looking out the window and actually seeing the colors of the surrounding mountains and trees going by. A nice change from the consistency of the prairie sky she normally sees.

On the first of August I celebrated the first anniversary of my 29th year, or in other words, I turned 30. We went out to Harrison for the morning and enjoyed the amazing breakfast brunch with my parents at the Harrison Hotel and went for a nice walk before strapping the kids back in their car seats to drive out the the ferries.

The long weekend was spent celebrating the 10 year reunion of the breakup of Nate's college band... Stirfry. Our friends hosted us out at their family cabin on Parker Island, which is a short boat ride after taking the ferry from the mainland to Galiano Island. It was very neat as it was the first time in 10 years that everybody was together again as they are spread across the country now.

Unfortunately Nate had to head home for work after the long weekend, but I was able to stay with the kids at my parents in Chilliwack for another week so that we could attend the Schultz family reunion in White Rock. It was held at camp Alexandra at Crescent Beach. Again, it was a great time to catch up with relatives that I don't get to see nearly enough.

Here are just a few pictures of our trip (I had almost 500 pictures to sift through and choose from). Enjoy!

No comments: